Wednesday, June 12, 2013

D.I.Y: Dip Dye Shirt

I personally dont own any white underwear, socks, or bras. I dont like plain white sheets. I have to deal with a plain white shirt at my job and it kills a little bit of me everytime I have to wear it. I am a rainbow child and I like a little bit of color in my wardrobe dammnit. In a previous post, I mentioned that I found this white top and I knew as soon as I saw it that it needed a bit of color and then it would be magic.

 

You will need:

  1. White shirt
  2. Fabric dye
  3. Half a gallon of boiling hot water
  4. Large spoon for mixing
  5. Rubber band
Step 1: Boil the water.

Step 2: Pour fabric dye powder into water and stir.

Step 3: Tie rubber band on the shirt to mark the area you want to dye.

Step 4: Place shirt into the water mixture and let sit for 10 min.

Step 5: Lift shirt and rinse in cold water.

 

2 comments:

  1. very nice result
    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much i appreciate the feedback!!

      Delete