Sunday, August 19, 2012

D.I.Y: Head Jewelry


I'm going to be completely honest, jewelry making is not my forte but this seemed easy enough that I'm sure anyone can make it. Traditionally called a Tikka headpiece, you may have seen some more elaborate ones used by brides or even dancers in the Indian culture. More recently I've seen them worn by trendsetting bloggers or even magazine covers.






What you will need:
  • Old/ broken necklace chains
  • Old/ broken pieces of jewelry (ex. Earring)
  • 1 or 2 chain hoops
  • Jewelry pliers


F.Y.I ( I'm going to use a mannequin head to do this tutorial. Please don't laugh




First: Take your long chain and measure it around your head. Once you know the length you want, use your pliers to get rid of the excess chain.





Second: Take another long chain and place it at the center of your forehead. Then measure down the center of your head all the way to the back.







Third: Once your chains are measured out, now you can connect them together using your pliers and jewelry hoops. Connect the front and the back.




Fourth: Now you can start to embellish. I used an earring that had no pair.
Of course you can add more chains if you would like.




No comments:

Post a Comment