Wednesday, May 29, 2013

D.I.Y: Clear Clutch

If I were to tell some new friends that 5 years ago I was as shy as a mouse, they would think I was bullshitting them. No bullshit, I was painfully shy when it came to strangers. But fast forward a few years later and I gained a sudden boost of confidence that no one could break. I realized my self worth and said " F.A.H! I aint got shit to hide!" :)

You will need:

  1. About 1/2 a yard of clear vinyl
  2. Marker
  3. Scissors
  4. Ruler
  5. Magnetic snaps
  6. Studs
F.Y.I: this is the prototype I was attempting to imitate. It measures 10 1/2 x 6 in.
Step 1: Use the ruler to measure out an 11 1/2 x 7 inch rectangle.

Step 2: Cut 3 rectangles. One for the front, one for the back, and one for the flap.

Step 3: Pin together front and back rectangles.

Step 4: Sew 3 out of 4 sides of the rectangle together.
Step 5: Sew in 3 out of 4 of the raw edges of the FLAP.

Step 6: Attatch FLAP to the rest of the purse.

Step 7: Attatch magnetic snaps and decorate.

Sorry if this tutorial is confusing e-mail me if you have any questions

Make sure to check out Independent Fashion Bloggers website!

 

2 comments: